Submit this form
Home News Videos Music Photos Facebook Twitter Friends Newsletter Podcasts Mobile RSS
News | North Kivu


Rebel Leader Bosco Ntaganda Makes First Appearence Before the ICC

VOA News - March 26, 2013

Bosco Ntaganda during his initial appearance before the International Criminal Court on 26 March 2013After years of fleeing justice, Bosco Ntaganda finally appeared before the ICC to start a lengthy process to decide whether to press war crime charges against him. Ntaganda made his first appearance before the International Criminal Court in The Hague.
Warlord Bosco Ntaganda Turns Himself In at US Embassy in Rwanda

Congo News Agency - March 18, 2013

Bosco NtagandaThe US said on Monday that warlord Bosco Ntaganda has turned himself in at its embassy in Kigali and asked to be transferred to the International Criminal Court, where he is wanted on seven counts of war crimes and three counts of crimes against humanity.
UN Security Council Condemns Latest M23 Attacks, Extends Sanctions on Rebels

UN News Centre - November 28, 2012

MONUSCO peacekeepers evacuate children following the capture of Goma in the DR Congo by M23The Security Council extended the arms embargo and other sanctions imposed against armed rebel groups in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, while expressing its intention to consider additional targeted sanctions against the leadership of the M23, the rebel fighters that recently occupied the eastern provincial capital of Goma.
Thousands of Women March Against M23 Rebels in Kinshasa

Congo News Agency - November 24, 2012

Women protested in front of UN offices in Kinshasa on FridayThousands of women protested against the M23 rebels in Kinshasa on Friday in the biggest demonstration yet in DR Congo’s capital against the rebels’ capture of the eastern Congo city of Goma on Tuesday. Women took the streets to condemn the M23 rebels, and the failure of the Congolese army and United Nations peacekeepers to stop the rebels’ advance.
Thousands Protest M23 Capture of Goma, Turn on Government and UN

Congo News Agency - November 21, 2012

Protesters burn PPRD headquaters in KisanganiThousands of students protested on Tuesday after M23 rebels seized the eastern Congo city of Goma. They were mostly expressing their furor at the M23 rebels, but also targeted the government and the United Nations mission in DR Congo, whose soldiers and peacekeepers were unable to stop the rebels from taking the city.
DR Congo Officials Vow to Defend Goma Against M23 Rebels

Congo News Agency - November 19, 2012

Goma, capital city of North Kivu province in eastern CongoNorth Kivu province Governor Julien Paluku has reassured residents of the eastern Congo city of Goma that it remains under the control of the Congolese army. He dismissed rumors that top government and military officials have fled towards Bukavu, in South Kivu province. Military officials in Goma vowed to defend the city against an attack by M23 rebels.
UN Security Council condemns 'any and all outside support' to M23 rebels

UN News Centre - October 19, 2012

Amb. Gert Rosenthal of Guatemala presides over the Security Council meeting on the situation in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC)“The Security Council calls upon all countries in the region to condemn the M23, as well as other armed groups, and to cooperate actively with the Congolese authorities in disarming and demobilizing the M23 as well as other armed groups and dismantling the M23 parallel administration,” said in a presidential statement.
At high-level meeting, Ban urges political solution to crisis in eastern DR Congo

UN News Service - September 27, 2012

Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon (right) meets with Joseph Kabila Kabange, President of the Democratic Republic of CongoStressing the need to end the suffering caused by the crisis in eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo, which has uprooted over 300,000 civilians since earlier this year, Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon today called for an urgent and peaceful resolution based on dialogue.
Congo Government Says Bosco Ntaganda Rebels Trained in Rwanda

Congo News Agency - June 10, 2012

Lambert MendeThe Congolese government has confirmed reports by the United Nations mission in DR Congo and Human Rights Watch that former rebels led by wanted war crimes suspect Bosco Ntaganda have received reinforcements from Rwanda.
Rwanda Should Stop Aiding War Crimes Suspect Bosco Ntaganda: Human Rights Watch

Human Rights Watch - June 4, 2012

Bosco NtagandaRwandan military officials have been arming and supporting the mutiny in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo of Gen. Bosco Ntaganda, who is wanted for war crimes by the International Criminal Court. Rwandan military officials have allowed Ntaganda to enter Rwanda and supplied him with new recruits, weapons, and ammunition.







Examples: Kabila | Tshisekedi | Kinshasa | Mazembe


Live TV Congo Radio en ligne Radio
Available on App Store
Get it on Google Play



Contact Us | About Us | Édition en Français | French Edition

© 2019 CongoPlanet.com. All rights reserved.