The 11 permanent offices of the Provincial Assemblies have been installed
Monuc - January 15, 2007
The permanent offices of the provincial Assemblies have been installed on Sunday 14 January 2007 in accordance with the rearranged calendar of the Independent Electoral Commission (IEC). Jean-Pierre Bemba’s platform is controlling four of the eleven provincial offices.
The platform of the “Union pour la Nation” of JP. Bemba got all the seats of the permanent offices in city-province of Kinshasa and in Bas-Congo province. It also obtained the majority of seats in the permanent offices of the provincial Assemblies in Equator and Kasaï-Occidental provinces.
However, as to the “Alliance de la Majorité Presidentielle” (AMP) of Joseph Kabila, it got the control of all the five seats in six provinces; Oriental province, Maniema, South-Kivu, Katanga, Kasaï-Oriental and the Bandundu. The AMP also is leading the office in North-Kivu province.
The newly elected 55 members of the provincial Offices who are part of the 690 provincial deputies are going to elect the senators on 19 January 2007 as stated by the electoral calendar.
The senatorial election will take place on January 19 2007. The 1124 senatorial candidates will conduct their campaign from January 15 until January 17. The provisional results will be announced by the IEC on January 20 2007 and the official installation of the Senate is planned for February 03 2007.
- Felix Tshisekedi Sworn In as DR Congo President (January 24, 2019)
- Constitutional Court Declares Tshisekedi Winner of Presidential Election (January 19, 2019)
- Felix Tshisekedi Vows to Be the President of All Congolese (January 10, 2019)
- Felix Tshisekedi Elected DR Congo President (January 10, 2019)
- DR Congo Delays Results of December Election (January 6, 2019)
- Moise Katumbi blocked from entering DR Congo (August 3, 2018)
- Botswana Urges Joseph Kabila to Step Down (February 26, 2018)
- No elections in DR Congo in December without electronic voting machines: INEC (February 13, 2018)
- US Warns DR Congo Against Electronic Voting for Delayed Election (February 12, 2018)
- Felix Tshisekedi accuses INEC of illegally prolonging Kabila's mandate (October 24, 2017)
- DRC Seeks Arrest of Presidential Candidate Moise Katumbi (May 19, 2016)
- Papa Wemba Is Buried in Kinshasa (May 4, 2016)
- Papa Wemba Awarded Highest National Honor as Thousands Pay Tribute (May 2, 2016)
- Rights Groups: DR Congo Must Free Pro-democracy Activists (April 13, 2015)
- Police Open Fire on Crowd Protesting Election Law Change (January 19, 2015)
- Etienne Tshisekedi Evacuated to Belgium for Medical Treatment (August 16, 2014)
- Kerry Calls on Kabila to Honor Constitution (May 4, 2014)
- Kerry in DR Congo for Security Talks (May 3, 2014)
- At least 60 killed as train derails in Katanga province (April 23, 2014)
- DR Congo Takes Chairmanship of COMESA at Summit in Kinshasa (February 26, 2014)
- DR Congo Honors Nelson Mandela, Hero and Model for Humanity (December 6, 2013)
- Kabila Congratulates Congo Army for Defeating M23 Rebels (October 30, 2013)
- DR Congo Eases Process for Starting a New Business (June 3, 2013)
- Regional Leaders Sign DR Congo Peace Deal (February 24, 2013)
- The M23 Rebels Want to Overthrow Kabila? Nonsense (November 28, 2012)
- Protests Against M23 Rebels, Government and UN Spread (November 22, 2012)
- Thousands Protest M23 Capture of Goma, Turn on Government and UN (November 21, 2012)
- DR Congo Officials Vow to Defend Goma Against M23 Rebels (November 19, 2012)
- At high-level meeting, Ban urges political solution to crisis in eastern DR Congo (September 27, 2012)
- US Cuts Military Aid to Rwanda Over Support to Rebels in DR Congo (July 21, 2012)