Submit this form
Home News Videos Music Photos Facebook Twitter Friends Newsletter Podcasts Mobile RSS

News



New DRC government announced

MONUC - February 7, 2007

Antoine GizengaThe new DRC government was finally announced by presidential decree on Congolese state television on Monday night February 5 2007, thus ending weeks of speculation as to its composition.
Congo Opposition Calls for Day of Mourning

VOA News - February 5, 2007

Jean-Pierre BembaOpposition leaders in the Democratic Republic of Congo have called for a national day of mourning to protest violent clashes last week. Many protesters demonstrating against election-fraud allegations were killed when security forces fired on rioting crowds in several villages.
Situation calm in Bas-Congo province

MONUC - February 2, 2007

MONUC - Bas-CongoFollowing the violent unrest that erupted in Matadi on Wednesday night January 31 2007, and which later spread to the towns of Muanda and Boma on Thursday February 1 last, the situation in the province of Bas-Congo has returned to normal today.
Violent unrest in Matadi leaves 10 dead and many injured

MONUC - February 1, 2007

Bunda Dia Kongo violence in Bas-Congo provinceOn Wednesday night January 31 2007, violent protests against the election of AMP governor of Matadi Simon Mbatshi, which involved the political religious group Bunda Dia Kongo (BDK) and the National Congolese Police (PNC), left at least 10 dead and many injured.
At Least 35 Dead in Clashes

VOA News - February 1, 2007

Matadi - Congo mapAt least 35 people have been killed in clashes between security forces and opposition supporters protesting against the results of governorship polls in Congo's western-most province. The violence appeared to be the worst since President Joseph Kabila won last year's presidential election.
Congo: mining, conflict and complicity

Bretton Woods Project - February 1, 2007

Congo - GecaminesA confidential World Bank memo dated September 2005 and leaked to the Financial Times in November 2006 finds that three of the Democratic Republic of Congo's (DRC) biggest mining contracts over which the World Bank had oversight were approved with "a complete lack of transparency".
War Crimes Case to Present In-Person Testimonies

VOA News - January 30, 2007

Thomas LubangaFormer Congolese militia leader Thomas Lubanga is the first person to be tried by the world's only permanent global war crimes court, the Hague-based International Criminal Court.
World Criminal Court to Hear First Case

VOA News - January 29, 2007

Thomas LubangaIn a historic decision, judges at the International Criminal Court are poised to begin hearing their first case. Judges found there was enough evidence against Congolese militia leader Thomas Lubanga to send him to trial for recruiting and using child soldiers to fight his war in the eastern Ituri region of the country. Lauren Comiteau reports from the court in The Hague.
Ban Ki-moon says security key to solving humanitarian issues

IRIN - January 29, 2007

Ban Ki-moon in Congo DRCWar-related humanitarian problems in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) can only be solved in an atmosphere of lasting peace and stability, United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said during a two-day visit to the country.
Ban Ki-moon pledges continued UN support to consolidate peace

UN News Centre - January 28, 2007

Ban Ki-moon and Congo's president Joseph KabilaThe United Nations will stand by the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) as it consolidates peace, but ultimately future stability lies in the hands of the Congolese people, Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has told parliamentarians in the capital, Kinshasa.



All news pages

» All 213 pages




Examples: Kabila | Tshisekedi | Kinshasa | Mazembe


Live TV Congo Radio en ligne Radio
Available on App Store
Get it on Google Play


Contact Us | About Us | Édition en Français | French Edition

© CongoPlanet.com. All rights reserved.