Submit this form
Home News Videos Music Photos Facebook Twitter Friends Newsletter Podcasts Mobile RSS

News



Rwanda Should Stop Aiding War Crimes Suspect Bosco Ntaganda: Human Rights Watch

Human Rights Watch - June 4, 2012

Bosco NtagandaRwandan military officials have been arming and supporting the mutiny in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo of Gen. Bosco Ntaganda, who is wanted for war crimes by the International Criminal Court. Rwandan military officials have allowed Ntaganda to enter Rwanda and supplied him with new recruits, weapons, and ammunition.
UN Report Accuses Rwanda of Supporting Bosco Ntaganda Rebels

Congo News Agency - May 28, 2012

Joseph Kabila and Paul Kagame in KinshasaAn internal UN report obtained by the BBC says that Rwanda is once again supporting rebels in eastern Congo linked to renegade general Bosco Ntaganda. The report cites rebel soldiers who say they were trained to join the Rwandan army but were sent instead across the border to eastern Congo to fight alongside mutinous soldiers.
Mazembe to Meet Al Ahly, Zamalek in Champions League Clash of Giants

Cafonline.com - May 15, 2012

TP MazembeDR Congo’s TP Mazembe will battle it out in group B with Egypt’s Al Ahly and Zamalek and Ghanaian debutants Berekum Chelsea. TP Mazembe manager Frederic Kitengie was quick to welcome the draw saying "I like the way it has worked out, it is good for us and l think we can do well in this group. We know the Egyptians sides very well."
ICC Prosecutor Seeks New Charges Against Ntaganda, FDLR Leader

International Criminal Court - May 14, 2012

Luis Moreno-OcampoThe Office of the Prosecutor has requested two new arrest warrants. The first one relates to Bosco Ntaganda for the crimes committed as a top commander of Thomas Lubanga's militia, the UPC/FPLC. The second was filed against a leader of one of the most active militia in the Kivu provinces, Sylvestre Mudacumura, the Supreme Commander of the FDLR-FOCA.
Police Investigate Former Prime Minister for Corruption

Nick Long/VOA News - May 14, 2012

Adolphe MuzitoPolice said they are investigating allegations that former prime minister Adolphe Muzito enriched himself from public funds. An inspector-general of Congo’s judicial police, Christophe Ndongo Nzita, said the investigation of Muzito has been going on for several weeks and a report is expected in the near future.
TP Mazembe Reach Sixth Consecutive Champions League Group Stage

Congo News Agency - May 13, 2012

Nathan Sinkala célébre après avoir marqué contre Al MerreikhTP Mazembe have reached the group stage of the Champions League for the sixth consecutive time. The Crows drew 1-1 against Al Merreikh of Sudan in Omdurman on Saturday. They advance 3-1 on aggregate after winning 2-0 in the first leg in Lubumbashi.
Army Suspends Military Operations Against Ntaganda Loyalists

Congo News Agency - May 6, 2012

Didier Etumba - FARDCThe Congolese army has regained control of the areas of Masisi and Rutshuru, in North Kivu province, which were occupied last week by mutinous soldiers loyal to renegade general Bosco Ntaganda. DR Congo’s Army Chief of Staff, General Didier Etumba, said in a press release on Sunday that military operations against the “undisciplined” soldiers have been suspended.
Kabila Names Members of New Government

ACP - April 30, 2012

Matata Ponyo MaponPresident Joseph Kabila named the members of the new government led by Prime Minister Matata Ponyo on Saturday. The new cabinet will have thirty six members, including two deputy prime ministers, twenty five ministers, one minister-delegate and eight deputy ministers.
Kabila Names Finance Minister as New Prime Minister

Congo News Agency - April 19, 2012

Augustin Matata PonyoPresident Joseph Kabila named former finance minister Matata Ponyo as the new prime minister on Wednesday. Known as a technocrat, Mr. Ponyo oversaw a 7 percent economic growth in the Democratic Republic of Congo in 2010 and a $12.3 billion debt cancellation. The World Bank said last week it expects the same growth rate in DR Congo for the next two years.
Kabila's Position on The Arrest of Ntaganda 'Has Not Changed'

Congo News Agency - April 13, 2012

President Joseph Kabila with Belgian Foreign Minister Didier Reynders on March 27, 2012Contrary to wire reports widely circulated in the international media, President Joseph Kabila did not call for the immediate arrest of renegade general Bosco Ntaganda during a meeting with civil society leaders in North Kivu Province on Wednesday. President Kabila said that his position on his arrest "has not changed".



All news pages

» All 213 pages




Examples: Kabila | Tshisekedi | Kinshasa | Mazembe


Live TV Congo Radio en ligne Radio
Available on App Store
Get it on Google Play


Contact Us | About Us | Édition en Français | French Edition

© CongoPlanet.com. All rights reserved.