Rwanda, Uganda refute report on arms to DRC | |
IRIN - July 28, 2005 | |
Uganda and Rwanda have denied statements contained in a report issued on Wednesday by the UN Security Council that the two countries had delayed to give information to officials monitoring arms sanctions in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). | |
Voter registration starts in provinces outside capital | |
IRIN - July 26, 2005 | |
Registration of voters started on Monday in two provinces outside Kinshasa, the capital of the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), as preparations continued for general elections scheduled for 2006, officials said. | |
No sanctuary for new Congolese rebels, Uganda says | |
IRIN - July 25, 2005 | |
Uganda said on Monday it would not allow the newly-created rebel Congolese Revolutionary Movement or any other armed group to launch attacks from its territory on the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). | |
South kivu: another civilian massacre | |
MISNA - July 23, 2005 | |
At least 13 civilians were killed during the night between Thursday and Friday in the South Kivu province, in east Democratic Republic of Congo. | |
South-kivu, peacekeepers destroy rwandan rebels' bases | |
MISNA - July 21, 2005 | |
United Nations peacekeepers and some regular Congolese army units in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) today launched their third offensive in just over two weeks to oust Rwandan Hutu militia who daily harass local communities, burning a rebel base camp. | |
New congolese armed group founded in kampala? | |
MISNA - July 21, 2005 | |
A new armed group, the Congolese Revolutionary Movement (MRC), which claims it is fighting for the rights of the people in the Democratic Republic of Congo's eastern Ituri and North Kivu regions, was apparently founded last month in neighbouring Uganda. | |
South kivu: thousands displaced after massacre | |
MISNA - July 20, 2005 | |
Thousands of civilians - at least 13-thousand according to the United Nations Office for the Co-ordination of Humanitarian Affairs - have fled from the area of Ntulumamba, in the eastern Democratic Republic of Congo, where between July 9 and 10 thirty-nine civilians were killed in an armed attack. | |
Some 32,000 displaced by attack in South Kivu | |
IRIN - July 20, 2005 | |
The UN said on Tuesday that some 32,000 civilians were displaced from their homes in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo's (DRC) Kalonge Chiefdom, in Sud Kivu Province, following an attack earlier in July by Hutu Rwandans militias. | |
Bukavu: protests over back pay and insecurity | |
MISNA - July 19, 2005 | |
Some 10,000 people took the streets of Bukavu, provincial capital of South Kivu, in a peaceful demonstration to demand payment of back salaries by state functionaries and against the wide insecurity. | |
Elections: registration proceeds despite opposition boycott | |
MISNA - July 19, 2005 | |
Over 2.5-million citizens have registered to vote since the start of the census operations on June 20, as referred by the Independent Electoral Commission of Kinshasa. Also specifying that the aim is to register all voters of the capital, 3.5-million people on a population of 6,8-m, by the beginning of August. | |
All news pages
|