Submit this form
Home News Videos Music Photos Facebook Twitter Friends Newsletter Podcasts Mobile RSS

News



Soldiers killed, hundreds of civilians displaced in North Kivu

IRIN - June 7, 2005

Three Congolese soldiers were killed, four were wounded and hundreds of civilians were displaced in the latest fighting on Sunday between government soldiers and Rwandan Hutu militiamen in the Democratic Republic of Congo's eastern province of North Kivu.


Voter registration date set, university politics banned

IRIN - June 7, 2005

Voter registering is due to start in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) on 20 June, a spokesman for the country's independent electoral commission announced on Monday.


Aid needed for thousands fleeing attacks

IRIN - June 6, 2005

An estimated 7,400 civilians who fled violence in May in the Democratic Republic of Congo's South Kivu Province are in urgent need of relief aid, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) reported on Friday


UN Nepalese soldier dies after militia attack

IRIN - June 3, 2005

One of four UN Nepalese troops wounded by militiamen in an attack in village of Lugo in the northeastern Ituri district of Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), died of his wounds on Friday, a UN spokesman said.


Newly integrated army brigade heading to the east

IRIN - June 3, 2005

The latest brigade in the newly integrated army of the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) completed training on Wednesday and is expected to deploy to the east of the country, Defence Minister Adolphe Onusumba said.


Refugee camp closes as Angolans go home

IRIN - June 1, 2005

The Office of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) announced on Tuesday the repatriation of the last 263 Angolans in the refugee camp at Kisenge in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC)'s Katanga Province, ending a refugee programme that had run for more than 20 years.


Thousands flee following attack

IRIN - May 30, 2005

At least 6,000 civilians have fled following an attack last week in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) where 19 civilians were killed and scores of others wounded and taken hostage by Rwandan Hutu rebels.


Kagame says no to negotiations with Congo-based rebels

IRIN - May 30, 2005

Rwandan President Paul Kagame said on Friday that his government welcomes a recent conciliatory declaration by a Rwandan Hutu rebel group based in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).


Latest killings in South Kivu part of long-standing abuses

IRIN - May 27, 2005

An armed group of mostly Rwandan Hutus in the eastern Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) is accused of killing 18 civilians, mutilating 11 others and taking around 50 hostages on Monday.


Aircraft crashes in Walungu, 26 feared dead

IRIN - May 26, 2005

A Soviet-era aircraft carrying 21 passengers and five crew crashed on Wednesday in a remote forest in the territory of Walungu, in Democratic Republic of Congo's South Kivu Province.





All news pages

» All 213 pages




Examples: Kabila | Tshisekedi | Kinshasa | Mazembe


Live TV Congo Radio en ligne Radio
Available on App Store
Get it on Google Play


Contact Us | About Us | Édition en Français | French Edition

© CongoPlanet.com. All rights reserved.