Submit this form
Home News Videos Music Photos Facebook Twitter Friends Newsletter Podcasts Mobile RSS

News



Civilians paying price of efforts to thwart DR Congo armed groups, UN envoy says

UN News - July 10, 2009

Alan DossCivilians are bearing the brunt of attempts to dismantle armed groups in the eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), with the rebels carrying out vicious reprisals and some Government soldiers committing serious human rights abuses, the senior United Nations official to the country told the Security Council today.
Government spokesman says DRC satisfied with Sino-Congolese co-op

Xinhua - July 10, 2009

Joseph Kabila and Hu JintaoGovernment spokesman of the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) Lambert Mende said in an exclusive interview with Xinhua that China's collaboration with DRC in such fields as infrastructure and education are beneficial to the Congolese people and the DRC government is satisfied with Sino-Congolese cooperation.
Kimia II operations to be launched in South Kivu by Sunday - FARDC

Radio Okapi - July 9, 2009

Didier EtumbaKimia II operations will probably be launched this Sunday in South Kivu province. This announcement was made in Bukavu on Thursday by the Chief of Staff of the Congolese Armed Forces (FARDC) Didier Etumba at a press briefing. So far troops in Kimia II operations have been taking position and merely responding to attacks by the FDLR. They are now in the active phase of the operation.
Eastern DR Congo still faces security, humanitarian challenges - Ban Ki-moon

UN News - July 8, 2009

Ban Ki-moonThe security and humanitarian situation in the far east of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) continues to crumble, despite the recent signing of a peace pact between the Government and a key militia, Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon writes in a new report.
Jean-Pierre Bemba Allowed to Attend Mass for His Father in Brussels

Congo News Agency - July 7, 2009

Jean-Pierre BembaFormer Vice-President Jean-Pierre Bemba has been allowed by the International Criminal Court (ICC) to go to Brussels to attend a funeral mass for his father, Senator Jeannot Bemba Saolona, who died last Wednesday.
Congo Government Accuses Human Rights Watch of Hidden Agenda

Congo News Agency - July 5, 2009

Lambert Mende OmalangaGovernment spokesman Lambert Mende said that the NGO seems to have found an “easy target” in the Congolese Government. He questioned its “tendency to shoot on ambulances”. He added that it’s “easy for Human Rights Watch to attack a country like ours”. And that, “Human Rights Watch should be applauded for its courage to always shoot at the weak”.

Senator Jeannot Bemba Saolona Dies at 67

Congo News Agency - July 3, 2009

Bemba SaolonaSenator Jeannot Bemba Saolona died on Wednesday night at the Saint-Jean hospital in Brussels. He was one of the most well-known Congolese businessmen and the father of former Vice-President Jean-Pierre Bemba.
DR Congo Celebrates Independence Day

Congo News Agency - June 30, 2009

Joseph Kabila à GomaPresident Joseph Kabila called for a “moral and patriotic revival” to tackle the different challenges facing the country. He thanked the Armed Forces of the Democratic Republic of Congo (FARDC) for their continued efforts to rid the country of all militias and armed groups. He urged all Congolese to support them. He said that the Government will intensify its efforts to achieve peace in all corners of the country and stop all sorts of violence against civilians, especially women.
Fans in Kinshasa Reflect on Michael Jackson

VOA News - June 28, 2009

Michael JacksonFans of pop star Michael Jackson are still mourning his sudden death last week in California. His admirers in the capital of the Democratic Republic of Congo reflect on him.
Pop Star Michael Jackson Dies After Cardiac Arrest

VOA News - June 25, 2009

Michael JacksonInternational pop star Michael Jackson has died after suffering cardiac arrest at his home in Los Angeles County, California.



All news pages

» All 213 pages




Examples: Kabila | Tshisekedi | Kinshasa | Mazembe


Live TV Congo Radio en ligne Radio
Available on App Store
Get it on Google Play


Contact Us | About Us | Édition en Français | French Edition

© CongoPlanet.com. All rights reserved.